Tuesday, April 17, 2012

DIY Shaving Cream

Girls prepare to have soft legs due to this amazing shaving cream! Do keep in mind this isn't like what you buy at the store, but in my opinion it is much better! I found this recipe on A New Leaf via Pinterest and tried it myself. I loved how it made my legs feel! I didn't have to put on lotion afterwards which was even more amazing and a time saver.


Ingredients
1 1/2 cups of conditioner
1 cup of shampoo
1/2 cup of body lotion
2-3 tablespoons of olive oil (this is what makes your legs soft, but it also makes this mixture runny)

Put all ingredients into a bottle, and shake very well until everything is all mixed up. This mix will be really runny. You can let it sit before you use it or you can use it right away. I used mine right away. From the original recipe this should take about a month to use up, but that depends on how much you use of the mix when shaving. Shake each day you use it to mix the ingredients up.

Notes
By the way... mine is brown because I used some leftover conditioner with brown sugar mix in it... It didn't seem to effect the over all turn out though.

This Post Was Shared!

2 comments:

  1. Nice. I'll give it a try. Right now I use Suave strawberry conditioner for shaving my legs. Have a beautiful day.


    Kelly at Here's My Take On It

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds interesting! I may have to try this myself!! I would love to have the soft feel of lotion and have it last longer! Thanks for sharing at the Homeacre Hop!
    Mary
    www.homegrownonthehill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.