Thursday, June 21, 2012

French Breakfast Muffins

This recipe is one my sister found in a cookbook inspired from the Disney movie Ratatouille. Recently I started making breakfast every morning and so I have been going through cookbooks and finding old recipes that I used to make or that I remember tasting good and fixing them for everyone in the house to eat. These were a big hit!


Ingredients for Muffin
2 cups flour
2/3 cup sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 egg
1 cup milk
6 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

Ingredients for Topping
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 12 muffin cups and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and cinnamon.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, milk, butter and vanilla.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
5. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup put the mix into each muffin tin.
6. Place in oven and bake for 20-22 minutes.
7. In a glass bowl, microwave butter until melted. In a separate bowl mix together sugar and cinnamon.
8. When the muffins are finished baking and have cooled a few minutes take one muffin at a time and dip the top in the butter then roll in the sugar mixture and set on a plate to serve. Continue with the other muffins until finished.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.