Wednesday, August 22, 2012

DIY Healthy Hair Oil

This recipe is of my own creation. I use tea tree oil, peppermint oil, lavender oil, almond oil, olive oil, and Moroccan argan oil on my hair. I was applying each one individually, but the task was becoming overwhelming. One day I was like, "why am I not mixing all of these together??" So I poured them into an old vanilla extract bottle I had washed out and am very glad I thought to do this.

This recipe can be used as often as you like. I do this anywhere from 3-5 times a week for my hair even if I haven't washed it. This is one of my favorite ways to keep my hair soft and beautiful!

Why do I use so many oils? Well, each has a good thing for you in it. I use the almond, olive and Moroccan argan oil's to help keep my hair soft and help protect against damage. I use tea tree oil to keep away nasty bugs like lice, and for it's wonderful smell. Peppermint, Lavender, and Wild Chamomile I use mostly for the smell they give my hair.


Here is my recipe:
1/4 cup olive oil
1/8 cup almond oil
1/8 cup Moroccan argan oil
1 teaspoon peppermint oil
1 teaspoon tea tree oil
5-10 drops lavender essential oil
5-10 drops wild chamomile essential oil

I just put all of these ingredients into their small bottle and then shake it up before each use. It smells wonderful and helps my hair stay healthy!

Notes
~If you don't have all of the oils don't worry. You can mix it up any way you like it. If you don't want to use one of these things on your hair then substitute it out for one you do what to use.
~I buy the olive oil and peppermint extract from WalMart in the baking isle.
~I buy the Moroccan argan oil in the hair section at WalMart. It is by Garnier.
~Tea Tree Oil is also from WalMart.
~The amounts don't matter, but this is generally what I use of each when I mix up a new batch of healthy hair oil.

To Use
1. Shake the bottle. Take the lid off.
2. Put the palm of your hand over the top of the bottle and turn it upside down the back to right side up.
3. Move the bottle top to another part on the palm of your hand and repeat step 2. I do this 2 or 3 times depending on how much oil I want to put in my hair that day. My hair is past mid-back length if this helps you see how much I am using.
4. Rub both of your hands together to warm up the oil.
5. Work the oil through your hair starting at the base of your neck and working your way down to the ends. Really make sure to coat the ends well with the oil because that's the main place it's needed.
6. After that you can run your fingers through the top part of your hair if you would like. I don't do this every time though because I use baking soda to clean my hair so the natural oils keep that part of my hair healthy. However, if you use regular store bought shampoo you might want to finish with running your fingers through the top part of your hair to keep it moisturized as well.

Enjoy beautiful hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.