Saturday, October 6, 2012

Original Rice Krispie Treats

Oh my word! Why I've never made these before I don't know but they are SO easy and VERY tasty!!! They were our desert this last Friday (mom set the rule we could only have desert once a week so that we would not be eating as many sweets). Everyone loved them! Especially since they were served in huge squares! Here is the link for the original recipe right from the Rice Krispies website.


Ingredients
4 Tablespoons butter
1 10 oz. package mini marshmallows
6 cups rice cereal

Directions
1. In a large pot melt the butter.
2. Dump the whole package of marshmallows into the melted butter. Keep the mix stirred. It will take about 3 minutes to melt. The marshmallows will form a lump/clump and then all of the individual marshmallows will melt and be ready for the cereal.
3. Remove the marshmallow mix from the heat and stir in the cereal until it is all covered in marshmallow.
4. Grease a 9x13x2 inch pan. Dump the mix into the pan and mash it down with a spatula.
5. Let the rice krispie's sit for a little bit until they've cooled off and hardened.

Notes
~These are best when served the same day.
~Can be stored at room temp for two days.
~Can be stored in the freezer for several weeks.

4 comments:

  1. Rice Krispies are very yummy!! You know what is even yummier? Dip them in chocolate melts!! Out of this world! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I can imagine! This christmas I plan to do white chocolate and peppermint pieces in some rice krispie bars!

      Helen

      Delete
  2. Oh these are SO YUMMY! Your idea of doing the white chocolate and peppermint pieces sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.