Saturday, October 20, 2012

Papa's Cowboy Hat

Last night I was not feeling well. Autry came to see me after work and he saw a box on the top of my bookshelf which was labeled: Helen's cowboy hat. He asked me what it was. I told him it was my cowboy hat...which is exactly what the label said... He asked me where I got it. I said, well my Papa gave it to me.

Years ago Papa came to visit us in Oklahoma. One morning, before everyone was awake, he left the hat sitting on top of the bookshelf (the one I have now actually!) for me. I was so upset that he had left, but it did help that I had his hat. I've had it ever since.

Autry really didn't like himself in the hat. He said it was too tall. I thought he looked sexy in it, but that's just me. :) I like wearing it though. It's been a long time since I've had it out of its box. I packed it up almost 9 months ago when we thought we would be moving. It hasn't been out of the box until last night. We had a lot of fun being goofy and wearing the hat and taking pics of each other.

Recognize this thrifted shirt? View the post!

Recognize this thrifted shirt? View the post.
 Hairstyle: Messy Braids
On the left I have a single messy braid; on the right there are actually two braids which are both messy. I did a fairly even part so there was almost an equal amount of hair on each side. Wrap your hair around the elastics once you have your braids done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.