Monday, October 15, 2012

Verse A Day October Challenge | Day 15


Day 15: Dinnertime.
In the first book of Corinthians (chapter 10) verses 23- 11:1 talk about glorifying God by seeking the welfare of your brother. I thought that was really interested and had to include it with today's verse.

1 Corinthians 10:30-31 KJV: "-30-For if I by grace be a partaker, why am I evil spoke of for that for which I give thanks? -31- Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God."

Both of these verses go together so well. Sometimes you just can't read one verse by itself because the others around it really finish it. I feel that way about today's verse. One way I look at it is this: many people don't consider it a sin to drink beer or wine, but if you drink and become out of control you are not honoring to God...therefore you really should probably avoid drinking beer/wine. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.