Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Double Chocolate Peppermint Drop Cookies

This recipe is very similar to The Best Basic Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe, but it has two sources of delicious chocolate instead of just one!!! These are absolutley delicious and perfect for sharing as gifts for neighbors and friends during the Christmas season!


Ingredients
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup cocoa powder
2 cups flour
1/2 cup or 5 whole candy canes, crushed
1 12 oz. package of white chocolate chips

Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl mix together the butter and both sugars. Add in the peppermint & vanilla extract. Add the eggs, baking soda, and cocoa powder. Stir in the flour.


3. Once it's well mixed add the crushed candy canes & white chocolate chips.
4. Grease two cookie sheets. Using a small spoon scoop out bits of dough and place them on the pans. You can get 15 of them on one pan.
5. Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes. Leave them on the pan for 3 minutes before setting them on a cooling rack.

This Post Was Shared!
Find This Recipe At These Places!

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.