Monday, December 24, 2012

{LaDonna's} Fudge

This fudge recipe is one I have used for years now and it is quite popular around here! Everyone loves it and is always excited when I make up a batch. It's super easy, and pretty much no-fail as long as you follow the directions exactly as I have them written out! Anyone could make this addicting desert!

You may wonder why I call it "LaDonna's" Fudge...but it's really because LaDonna is like my adopted mom (through the last year of high school & college) and she taught me how to make this fudge recipe when I was at her house in 2009 for Thanksgiving. I made it again at her house that Christmas and since I've made it here for our family.


Ingredients
1 stick butter
2/3 cup (1/2 a 12 oz. can) evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups sugar
1 regular size package milk chocolate chips**
7 oz. marshmallow cream

**this recipe can be made with any type of chocolate chips: white, milk chocolate, dark, etc. You can even use butterscotch, mint, or peanut butter. Just as long as it's the same size package as listed in the ingredients.**
Directions
The mix right after it's started to boil.
1. In a sauce pan melt the stick of butter. Add the vanilla and evaporated milk and then the sugar. Stir constantly until the mix begins to boil on medium heat (7-8 on the knob).

A few minutes into the mix boiling.

2. Once the mix starts boiling set a five minute timer. Stir constantly until the timer goes off. (I usually have to use and oven mitt to keep my hand from being burned because of the steam/heat coming off the mixture.)


3. Remove the pan from the heat. Pour in the chocolate chips and stir right away.


4. Once all the chocolate chips are melted add in the marshmallow cream. Stir the mix until it is well blended.

This is white chocolate fudge.
The other photos were taken during the same process for milk chocolate fudge.

5. Pour into a 9x13 pan greased with butter.


The fudge in the pan waiting to be sliced and eaten!

6. Let the fudge cool for an hour or so before slicing into pieces, or cover with plastic wrap and let it sit out overnight on the counter, or eat it right away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.