Saturday, March 15, 2014

Double Chocolate Fudge Brownies

I have always loved brownies, but for some reason I usually had a hard time making them. They used to never turn out right and I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. Well I think I've finally mastered brownie making thanks to this Better Homes & Gardens recipe from the cookbook I have in my kitchen. {This cookbook is one of my favorites and was given to me by my little brother a few years ago for Christmas. I love it!} When I made these I added a cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips and that just MADE them! If you're a chocolate lover then this recipe is for you!


Ingredients
1 stick butter
4 Tablespoons cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl for 2 minutes on high.
3. Stir in the cocoa powder, sugar, and vanilla. Whip in the eggs.
4. Stir in the flour until well mixed. Add in the nuts and chocolate chips.
5. Grease an 8x8 glass pan. Pour the brownie mixture into the pan.
6. Bake for 30 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven. Let them cool 10-15 minutes before cutting, don't wait until they're completely cooled, but don't cut right away so they won't crumble.
8. Serve with a glass of cold milk.

Notes
-These are good a few days after they are baked. Just heat them up in the microwave for about 20 seconds to have them tasting almost fresh baked!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.