Monday, February 23, 2015

Elderberry Syrup Recipe


 Elderberry Syrup Recipe
1 cup fresh or 1/2 cup (2oz) dried organic Elderberries
3 cups water
1 organic Cinnamon stick
3 organic Cloves, whole
1/2 teaspoon organic Ginger (optional)
1 cup raw, local honey

Directions
1. Place berries, water, and spices in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
2. Smash the berries to release remaining juice and strain the mixture.
3. Allow liquid to cool (I put it in a container in the fridge for about 30 minutes, or until it stops steaming).
4. Stir in honey.

Notes
-Good source of Vitamins A & C.
-This will last in the fridge for 2-3 months.
-Standard dose is 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon for kids and 1/2 tablespoon to 1 tablespoon for adults once a day.
-If you do get sick, take the normal dose every 2-3 hours, instead of once a day, until the symptoms disappear.
-You can order dried, organic Elderberries from Mountain Rose HerbsI buy them through Frontier Co-op.


What do you use Elderberry Syrup for?
-to help build a strong immune system in children & adults.
-co reduce swelling in mucous membranes from sinuses and help relieve nasal congestion.
-helps settle upset stomach.
-helps relieve gas.

Read more about Elderberries here!
-What are Elderberries good for? -Mercola.
-Elderberry. Drugs {dot} com.
-Elderberry Syrup Benefits. Livestrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! I LOVE reading comments! {They also help me know what you are interested in reading on my blog!}

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated. Other comments may be removed if they are inappropriate or spam. I do read all comments but can't always respond to each one because I don't get online very often.

My email can be found on my 'about me' page if you would like to contact me or you have a question.